Increasing your toxins from our environment coupled with excess sugar, processed food and alcohol can hinder the body’s natural abilities to detoxify, leaving us feeling drained, lethargic, bloated and less than our best!
By taking the load off your liver, your body will be able to naturally detoxify so you feel rejuvenated and energised!
1. First, lighten up your toxin load. Try eliminating gluten, dairy and sugar for 4 weeks. These foods are inflammatory and burden the liver and digestive system, resulting in a toxic build up. If you are feeling particularly tired and bloated, you will really feel the benefit from removing these foods.
2. Drink more liquids in the form of herbal teas, smoothies, green juices and filtered water. Start your day off with a warming drink of hot water, freshly squeezed lemon and freshly grated ginger root. This helps to boost the digestive system and cleanse the liver. Swap the regular tea and coffee for green tea. The antioxidants found in green tea (catechins such as EGCG & ECG) have been found to protect the liver.
3. Fibre is essential in detoxing as it helps to bind to toxins and excrete them. Eat plenty of fibre, including brown rice, quinoa and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables.
4.Beetroot, radishes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods. In particular vegetables have excellent detoxifying benefits on the liver. Another great addition is Coriander, which acts as a chelating agent, acting like a magnet by drawing toxins out of the body. You could add coriander when juicing.
5. Dry-brush your skin every day, this helps to get the lymphatic system moving and stops it becoming stagnant and sluggish which helps to remove toxins.
6. Bathe in Epsom salts. The magnesium in the salts is taken up through the skin and it helps the liver to work optimally. These salts also aid in drawing out toxins from the body.
For more information contact Sophia at firstname.lastname@example.org sophiaskitchentherapy.com