My tasty green bean casserole recipe is super easy to prepare from scratch and is perfect to serve with a wholesome meal at Easter or any occasion.
• 250g Green beans • 400g Mushrooms • 4 Garlic cloves • 4 Rashers of bacon • 40ml Double cream • Knob of butter •Salt and pepper (to season) •Chicken stock •Grated parmesan •French fried onions
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f.
2. Slice the mushrooms and chop the bacon and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes with a knob of butter.
3. Stir the flour into the juices in the pan.
4. Pour in the cream and enough stock until the ingredients are just covered. Season then leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, blanch the green beans for 5 minutes in boiling water. Then place in a bowl of cold water (to stop them cooking).
6. After 15 minutes of the mushroom sauce simmering, stir in the green beans.
7. Pour the contents of the saucepan into an oven dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, take the green bean casserole from the oven and stir.
9. Top with hot French fried onions, grate over parmesan cheese