The nights are staring to draw in, the Autumnal chill is in the air, which usually results in craving warm and comforting food. I’m sharing my favourite Autumnal recipes to make the most of the seasonal fruit and veg.
• 1/4 cup of stone ground oats • 1 cup of water • 1 tbsp coconut nectar (honey or maple will also work) • 1 tbsp peanut butter • 1 ripe fig halved • 1 tbsp desiccated coconut • handful of blueberries + 1/2 tbsp coconut oil • handful of hazlenuts
1. Add the stone ground oats and water in a pan and heat gently, stirring slowly.
2. In a separate bowl add the blueberries and heat.
3. Once the oats are cooked and creamy, serve into a bowl topping with the blueberries.
4. dd the peanut butter, coconut nectar and hazelnuts then dust with the desiccated coconut.
5. Lastly place the halved fig on top and enjoy with a mug of tea.
Top tip* pack your oats into a lunch box with the chopped fruit and nuts into another compartment to take to work. Simply add water and pop in the microwave. You’ll be the envy of the office.