By Warren Nash
Here’s my fab Christmas Crack recipe, mad with layers of chocolate, toffee & M&M’. You can use Saltines, Tuc or Ritz crackers to make this festive candy for the holidays.
• 1 pack of Saltines, Ritz or Tuc (approx 150g) • 225g butter • 220g light brown sugar
• 240g dark chocolate • 20g white cooking chocolate • 60g smashed M&MS
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f.
2. Lay the crackers on a 15-inch baking tray lined with greaseproof or parchment paper.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan then add the sugar. Stir and bring up to a simmer.
4. Simmer whilst stirring continuously for 5 minutes.
5. Spread the toffee evenly over the crackers then bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Then leave to cool.
6. Melt the dark chocolate in a saucepan or microwave and spread it over the toffee crackers.
7. Sprinkle over the M&M’s and drizzle over melted white chocolate.
8. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set. Then crack into 30 pieces and enjoy!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes, 180 calories & 11.3g fat per serving