As we leave Summer behind we have the beautiful Autumn season to look forward to; from the infamous Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Toffee Apples and of course, the thick jumpers! Here are our 10 reasons as to why we love Autumn…
1. Grab an oh-so-delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte from one of Derby’s beloved coffee shops – we recommend Starbucks!
2. Woodland walks – Wrap up warm and head out for a autumnal walk then nip to a quaint café for a well-deserved hot drink!
3. Open fireplaces – Mhmm, now we are talking. Escape the cold and visit one of Derby’s great pubs whilst getting snug next to the open fireplace.
4. Cosy clothes – this is the perfect opportunity to bring out those thick jumpers, comfy shoes and even those bobble hats!
5. Scented candles, oils and wax melts – whether it’s the Crackling Wood Fire, Cinnamon or Spiced Apple, these scents are the secret weapon to make your home cosy and ready for Autumn.
6. Toffee apples – A toffee-glazed delight for those with a sweet tooth, a tasty treat during Autumn.
7. Carving pumpkins – now for the fun bit. Gather friends and enjoy carving out pumpkins with a personal touch, ready to be put out on Halloween.
8. Movies – grab the fluffiest blanket you can find, get your slippers on and curl up on the sofa for your Autumn movie marathon.
9. Colours – everything looks so beautiful during Autumn, especially the golden leaves.
10. Leaves – the satisfying sound that is made when you walk through the leaves on a crisp morning or just the pure enjoyment of having them fall around you.
We couldn’t help but mention, it’s not long until Christmas! We are excited that we can finally mention this beloved season, where the streets are filled with twinkling lights, homes with beautifully decorated trees and hearts full of joy. A truly special time to cherish loved one, enjoy a tipple or two and have a right ol’ laugh!