My Indian inspired vegetarian meal prep recipe is perfect if you’re on a budget. It’s also great for weight loss when planning your lunches for the week ahead.
• 1½ Cauliflower • 1 Large onion • 1 Large carrot • 1 Large potato • Oil (to roast) • 200g Basmati rice • 1 tbsp Curry powder • 2 tbsp tomato puree • 1 Vegetable stock cube • 70g Green beans • Salt (to season) • Handful fresh coriander • ½ Red chilli • 30g Cashew nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f and heat some oil in an oven dish.
2. Meanwhile, chop the potato, carrot and cauliflower into equal size pieces. Slice the onion into half-moons.
3. When the oil in the oven dish is hot, pour the chopped and sliced vegetables in. Stir then cook in the oven for 20 minutes (stirring half way through cooking).
4. Remove from the oven and add the curry powder, tomato puree, rice and green beans.
5. Dissolve the stock cube in boiling water then top the oven dish up with the stock until the ingredients are just covered. Season to taste.
6. Mix together then cover in foil. Place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes, stirring half way through cooking.
7. Split the biryani between 4 food-safe containers and sprinkle over the cashews, sliced red chilli and freshly chopped coriander.
8. Store for up to 4 days in the fridge and enjoy chilled or reheated.